Friday, February 26, 2010

SNOW DAY (AGAIN!!!!!!!) Woot~

So I slept at 12. Why? 1) guaranteed snow day. 2) KIM YUNA skated. And she OWNED. She is the QUEEN no one can beat her- srsly i think she'll win gold at every competition she does until she officially retires LOL.

And yes, I had a snow day. Second of the year (and we had a 2 hr delay and an early dismissal this yr too- TOO MUCH SNOW!). It looks like the Ice Age outside. Lots of power outages- I am very GRATEFUL that our power and heat are still on!

so Plan A: sleep in. FAIL. I woke up at 5 with a stomachache :-( So i got up and rewatched Kim Yuna's short program and free skate and the medal ceremony.

I feel really bad for MAO ASADA- she is phenomenal. she just got overshadowed. everyone's saying that she is Salieri to Yuna's Mozart-lots of effort, just not a genius. And the bronze medalist? JOANNIE ROCHETTE. What a heartwarming story. She was phenomenal too. So pretty- and she looks like such a kind hearted person. And her dad was turning red in the stands...:-( <3 I'm so glad she won. She deserves it.

So I got up at 5. Ate bfast at 6:30. Went back to bed at 9. Woke up at 11. Ate lunch, surfed blogs and read random entries, and worked out. For 45 minutes. Without stopping. On resistance. HOLLA!!!!! I burned 370 calories.

On calorie burning- I heard that machine counters are very inaccurate and overcount. So i take 90% of what the machine says. So I burned 419 calories (according to the machine). I took 90% which was 377 point something. I rounded down, just in case (again). Hopefully that's more accurate!

Today's eats:

breakfast: 1/2 cup egg beaters, 1/3 cup corn, 1 cup broccoli with 1 tsp olive oil, 1/2 piece toast, coffee w/ agave & creamer, bite of banana (310)
snack: Korean rice drink (90)
lunch: PASTA with Trader Joe's tomato sauce and Trader Joe's turkey meatball, side salad with balsamic vinegar (420)
snack:1 banana, Korean Oh Yes! cake, coffee w/ creamer & agave (270)
dinner: rice, Korean soft tofu soup, 4.5 oz firm tofu grilled, lots of kimchee (430)
dessert: few bites of Cheesecake Factory pumpkin cheesecake, coffee w/ creamer & agave (190)


total: 1710 <------eek! lol
net: 1340

Korean cake + cheescake?!?! today was def a splurge day, not just calorie wise but food-choice wise- lots of refined foods.


(photo from haitaifood.en)

The Korea Oh! Yes cake was a splurge thing- its NOT natural in any way. But it tastes good. Better than ChocoPie. I haven't had it in ages, so I was like, I just burned 370 calories, why not, it's automatic portion control and only 140 calories.

I didn't know we had cheesecake in the house. But was I going to turn down THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY cheesecake?!?! HELL NO. lol. I just had a few bites (and unfortunately, cheesecake is VERY calorie dense. oops. lol)

Before, I would literally nibble, and eat maybe half a bite total, while i wait for everyone else to finish it off.

Not now. now it's more, "GET AWAY FROM MA CAKE!!!" lol =P

and yes, it was yummy.

and yes, I am full beyond belief.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I LOVE Cheesecake Factory! It's my favorite place in the world. Unfortunately, I was unlucky enough to come across the calorie counts of everything on their menu. EVERYTHING. Oh...it's heinous. But so good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i LOVE those little korean cake things! and don't worry about the cheesecake, you only live once! (to my knowledge anyway..)

    ReplyDelete